Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Digitizing


Isn't the latest technology just wonderful? Here I am sitting in my workroom, which is a converted loft with loads of room, the embroidery machine is busily stitching away my own design, created last week.
What am I doing? I'm keeping an eye on the machine and writing my blog. What more could anyone want?




I use my embroidery module in combination with free machine embroidery and I hate it when it's too perfect. That's my excuse anyway for not learning to digitize perfect little images. I like to create images then stop and start the machine, changing colours as and when I like and moving them around here and there overlapping and so on.
I use a Bernina Artista 180 which I have had quite a while with no problems at all and can see no reason to change it for a later model. It would be a different matter if someone gave me one, but that seems highly unlikely.

The small purse in the top left hand corner was finished recently, but the work below was made a while back. I have a chest full of work that never sees the light of day. My 15 year old granddaughter, Amy loves looking at them every now and then.

4 comments:

Grumpy said...

You are a true creator of 'Art Brut' as the French say Margaret, fabulous work that never sees the light of day. Lucky grandaughter! What an inheritance.

Robin Green Eye said...

Holy moly, that little purse is unbelievable, it's so intricate!

helen suzanne said...

Margaret the purse is just beautiful, sooo my kind of thing and a real treasure to see. Thx for showing us.

Carol said...

Lovely purse Margaret, interesting to see some more of your work