Sunday, January 29, 2006
Here's how far I've got with my heart and flowers. The colours in the photo are not perfect, but near enough.
As promised here are my experiments with Encaustic art. I have had this stuff for many years and only tried it once! I found it so difficult, but I'm determined to succeed this time. I wanted to transfer the art onto fabric but it did not turn out well at all. Perhaps I can stitch them and they will look better. I made some shapes with string and stuck them onto card, melted the wax on the iron and stamped into it. Placed this stamp on the table with the fabric covering it and ironed it, the colours transferred to the fabric. Now I know this is possible I will take more time to do it properly next time.