Sunday, January 29, 2006

Marc Chagall


Last May I went to Canada and New York with my husband's male voice choir and of course I took hundreds of photos. I took this photo near a large church somewhere in NYC, but I have forgotten exactly where it was. Now I am hoping someone will know what it is. I was very rushed when I took this and another one with Confucius on it. There were a few of these on stands in a garden by the church.



Before I finish I'm going to put up a couple of photos of Conwy Castle I took this afternoon.



7 comments:

Valeri said...

Thanks for the pictures of Conway Castle. Makes history real for me!

Liz said...

Hurray, Conway Castle, I remember going on a train through it! Or through a bit of it... Do you know what I mean? I hope my memory isn't deceiving me...

Zaz said...

great photos Margaret - the top looks most textiley already! Also I really think the stone plaque s amazing - very strong - great for inspiration.

Watching the hearts with glee ..........they are wonderful!

Sara

ambermoggie said...

great pics Margaret and a question(GG) did your husband come on the trip as well or was it just you and the choir???

MargaretR said...

Yes, unfortunately I had to take him with me too(smile)

jacqui said...

consulted with my art historian friend who wrote his doctorate on Chagall, Appollonaire and something and he concluded it must be a memorial to him. Did you visit this place, The Union Church of Pocantico Hills (link http://www.hudsonvalley.org/web/unio-main.html). Hope that has helped.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for looking into it for me Jacqui. I will check that website.