Tuesday, January 24, 2006
My little hearts
One more day until St Dwynwen's day and I have finished one piece of work. It took two days to make this one and my arms are aching after all the free machining. I show a small detail, the actual work is about 12" square. I don't know what I will use it for yet.
I might go back to it later to blend in some of the colours a bit. I used some of the cotton I dyed earlier in the week and chose three coloured threads that I thought blended with the cotton.
I also overdyed some of the fabric using Dylon dye. I don't suppose this was the correct thing to do, but they did turn out satisafactorily. I wanted some mauve and pink blends. I think the reason my cotton did not dye a strong colour was because it must have some polyester in it. I dyed some antique lace and cotton at the same time and these took the dye really well.
I will use some of the mauve to make my next heart.
Here is a photo as proof that I have already started it!
I am using the intructions that I found on one of the blogs on our Web Ring.
CQ Crazy: Heart templates