Saturday, January 07, 2006

My purple page


I've had a creative day, some successes, some failures! I hate failures, so I have been playing with these and they are now just about passable and usable.
I completed my page for A Passion for Purple and it is now waiting to be posted to Australia.

My next page is going to be for an RR book called Loopy Lace. The owner says she means Loopy as in Crazy! So this one will be a wild one compared to My purple Page. I have been playing with this idea a lot today and I might use one of my saved failures as a base for the lace. I will have to see how it turns out.

8 comments:

helen suzanne said...

Margaret I just love these things you're posting up. What was the inspiration for the purple page... it sort of remindes me of wrought iron work.

MargaretR said...

This page was inspired by a stained glass widow I photographed in Monaco. I will try to find it and post on the blog.

Grumpy said...

Beautiful Margaret. It looks as if the embroidery is floating above the page. Also - how do you get your comments to be visible as soon as Ilog onto your blog? You have to click to see mine.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Sally. I don't know why, but I will check for you.

Dorothy said...

Hi Margaret,
Another lovely thing to see this morning. I like the purple page. Well done you.
Dorothy

helen suzanne said...

ah more blogger weirdness! I don't get the comments showing straight away and have to click on the comments link, but all my posts here are accompanied by "comment moderation has been enabled". Margaret your blog is a great learning curve in lots of ways :) I never knew about comment moderation before and it certainly solved some mysteries for me.

Gill said...

Understatement, Margaret - just about passable indeed!

The purple page is simply wonderful - glorious colour and fascinating pattern. Love it!

ambermoggie said...

Margaret this is stunning, I envy the person receiving this