Monday, January 16, 2006

My Workroom

Here are some photos of my workroom today for you! I hope it does not bore you, but personally I have a fascination with people's workrooms and how they are arranged.
Even though I live in a small flat I have an attic or 'loft' as I call it, which I had converted after we moved in about 15 years ago. The only thing missing is a wet area with a tap. I have to carry my water up in a bucket and bottles. But I am so lucky to have this space to work in that the lack of water in neither here nor there.














As you will see I have a rather low ceiling, but I can stand upright in every part of the loft. I pin things on the ceiling as there is not a large wall space, but I know I don't make the best use of the wall space I have.








This is the far end of the loft.













My ironing and dyeing corner. I have my daughter in law's old microwave oven, that I still haven't used for dyeing.


Some of my stash!



My stamping area.
















And my music area. This is my son's old keyboard that he has just passed on to me. I sold my piano before moving to the flat as it would not have pleased some my neighbours. Now I can use headphones and be as noisy as I like!

11 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

what a cool space Margaret. I've got the "box room" which is thankfully downstairs and having a place totally for creating in is sooo precious to me. I too have installed kitchen work surface along wall. great minds... ;)

wendy said...

Ooo your so lucky - your own workroom..i have to make do with a corner in my bedroom...i`m turning green looking at your pics......
your embroidery is beautiful

MargaretR said...

I do appreciate how lucky I am to have this room. Haven't done much
there since Xmas I'm afraid.

P said...

I don't feel nearly so bad about the amount of stuff I have in my work room now. Mine doesn't look as tidy though.

MargaretR said...

I'm a terrible hoarder P. I find it so difficult to throw things away, just in case they come in handy. Sometimes they do(smile)

Liz said...

This is lovely, Margaret! I love lofts...

ambermoggie said...

This must inspire you so much Margaret, all those crafty things around you

MargaretR said...

Liz and Amber. It should shouldn't it(smile)? The urge is there, but where does the time go? You know the answer, I play too much with my 'puter!

Leanne Hurren said...

Really enjoying your blog and work Margaret. Lovely workroom - you lucky thing, and so tidy!

MargaretR said...

Thanks Leanne. Glad you like it and yes I am lucky(smile)

judypatooote said...

You do look organized....and orderly....I have my craft/computer room, which is an extra bedroom....and I have my basement room that I keep some of my crafts in....but I seem to always be cleaning it, instead of working in it.....i'm still putting away my Christmas things, which I had a craft show, and stuff is abit messy.....but love your stuff....