Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nature

Yesterday was a very sad day. The Headmaster of the school where I taught for many years had recently moved with his wife to the flat below us. He passed away suddenly early in the morning. This shocked us all.
I rang and visited ex-colleagues during the day and after passing on the sad news went on to chat about other things. It made me realize that very often it is circumstances like this that make me contact old friends. I have decided to add an extra New Year resolution to my very short list and that is to keep in touch and see old friends more often.



To cheer myself up I went to have a look at the photos I took in Tenerife in November. I chose these three today.



I love the pollen on the bee's head in this one.


This large goldfish begged me to take his photo!





Click on the photos for a larger image as usual.

5 comments:

helen suzanne said...

What a horrible shock! It's funny that you should be back to nature to feel better after such a draining day. That's exactly what I do too.

Gill said...

Margaret, I'm sorry to hear that you have lost such a dear friend and neighbour so suddenly. You're right about contacting friends - something I also need to do more frequently.

Gill

MargaretR said...

Thanks Helen and Gill.

Zaz said...

Oh Margaret I am sorry you have had this shock! Its often our friends and people we have chosen to be with that can cause us most upset when they pass on.

You were right to try to find a positive , brighter side to the day - and those pictures were sensitive and lovely.

Take care - and enjoy your friends

love Sara

MargaretR said...

Thanks Zaz.