Friday, January 13, 2006

The Scribbler





Things are improving on the blog. Flickr is now working and I just grabbed a few images and stuck them on to test it.









I have also set up a stats counter and at the moment I find that so interesting I keep going to find out how many visitors I'm having and from which part of the world. Too interesting, this blog of mine will keep me from my other interests if I'm not careful.
I promise to do something creative tomorrow and show you all what I've been doing. It's going to be a surprise, a surprise for myself as well, but I promise I will do something.



Tonight I was tired after my hard work on the blog, so I played with
S C R I B B L E R
Have you ever tried it? It's an interactive toy, but I find it very useful. I use my laptop and sketch with my finger.


















Sometimes it is very successful but sometimes it is a mess. When I'm pleased with an image I use print screen and paste it into a graphics program, my favourite program of late has been Paint Shop Pro 9 where I crop all the irrelevant bits out and save the image. I then use this image in different ways.




I will find some images I have been playing with.





By the way I don't think I have mentioned this before, but all the images are created with fabric art in mind.





















I hope to place some more images created using Scribbler in my Flickr album in the next few days.

5 comments:

helen suzanne said...

This is a very cool tool margaret! Do you have broadband to be able to use it? I can't seem to peddle fast enough to get the page to open with my dial up connection :( I really love your effects on the last pic too. Very scrumptious.

Grumpy said...

I say Margaret, you're getting jolly proficient at this blogging lark not to mention the computer graphics. I love your seagull piece. You must take that further.

guzzisue said...

scribbler is a great little programme, thanks for finding it. Seems to work ok on my dial up. Ive been reading your blog for a few days and thought I'd better say thanks for the inspiration.

MargaretR said...

You're welcome Sue. glad you are enjoying it.

MargaretR said...

Sally, I am learning slowly, but I must still be doing something wrong as I can't reply to any mail from the blog straight from Outlook Express, they are returned as 'anonymous-comment@blogger.com'
I think I must have some box ticked wrongly.