Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stay in touch



This piece of work was made when a textile group I belonged to decided to have an exhibition using 'hands' as a topic. I considered all sorts of things such as one son's hands playing his guitar or the other son playing the organ.

Another idea I thought of using was a mural on a building I photographed in Sydney, Australia of four hands coming together in friendship. I will see if I can find this one and post it.



















In the end I decided to use an idea I had after reading an extract of book of President Roosevelt's letter to his son, one starting Dear Quenty Quee. This partly used free embroidery, some designs digitized and stitched using the embroidery module and the Bernina 180e with added handstitching to finish it off.

Here is a closeup.
















At the time I was going to stitch a second piece using modern ways of 'staying in touch' thinking along the lines of mobiles and e-mails, so watch this space!

8 comments:

wendy said...

So beautful-love the colours
Thanks for stopping by, i live in london now -I`m from south wales near moutain ash. i`v lived in london for many years.. I still go back to the valleys (family visits)

WENDY

judypatooote said...

Margaret - They are beautiful... you inspire me to be creative.... I am retired, and home everyday, and still can't seem to find time to do the creative things....

MargaretR said...

Nice of you both to drop by.
I'm glad I inspire you to be creative Judy, the whole idea af having a blog was to inspire myself and if someone else is inspired at the same time, all well and good!

Jo in NZ said...

Margaretr, I read your post on Bloggers who embellish, and I just wanted you to know that your blog looks great. I visit regularly.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for visiting Jo. I have also visited your interesting website many a time. I do love this blogging!

Micki said...

Margaret,

I totally love this piece.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Micki.

kay susan said...

Your blog looks great on my computer! I have added you to my bloglines. I love this piece.