Monday, February 13, 2006

Crazy quilt progress



This is how far I have got with my first crazy quilt block. I'm enjoying it as a very useful pick up and put down project. I don't have to stitch like mad, just do a little when I fancy.



I mentioned before that I have many houseplants. These two are old friends, but I'm ashamed to say I don't know their names. The one on the right was given to me by a friend of my mother's on my 13th birthday and that is a very long time ago. It has gone everywhere with me, these plants of course are the babies of the original. The parent plants got too big and heavy and had to be thrown away over the years and it really hurts to do that as I can't bear to throw out the cuttings when I'm tidying them up. I re-pot them and pass on to friends.

The plant on the left was given to me a week after my marriage by the lady who lived next door to my new home.



I have used these plants to create these two. I used PSP9 again this time.

9 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Yummy colours on your crazy quilt! I love what you do with your photos on Photoshop. I'm just a baby user at this stage. I think the plant on the right is a sanseveria(sp?)- commonly known as Mother-in-law's Tongue, while the left-hand one looks like some kind of Sedum.

Shirley in New Zealand

MargaretR said...

Thanks Shirley. you were very quick off the mark there as it had only been posted seconds ago and needed a little tidying up.

Hope your ankle is healing?

abeautifulcraft said...

Hi Margaret,

Love the progress of your CQ and I do so love and enjoy reading your blog. Your photos and photoshop work amaze me .......
hugs
Sandie

Jo in NZ said...

Margaret, your block rocks! The stitching is lovely and the colours a quite eye catching, yet still subtle.
I like how you put it 'pick up, put down' project. Thats exactly right!

Zaz said...

I love what you do to those photos!!! real talent there - just having the 'eye ' and knowing when to stop!!!

love the quilt block too!

did you get a heart today?? ;-)

Sara

Robin Green Eye said...

I LOVE your plants, I am such a sucker for green.

Paige said...

I agree with Shirley- mother-in-law's tounge. The other I think is commonly called hens & chicks.

Sue said...

That crazy quilt is coming along beautifully: you're obviously a fast learner! It is gorgeous.

I think the round-leaved plant is a money plant aka jade plant...

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.