Saturday, February 04, 2006

Crazy Quilting


I attempted my first crazy quilting block yesterday and I went to a lot of trouble, planned it on paper first, traced onto more paper and cut out my pieces etc. etc. I found it so difficult. No wonder I found it difficult, I was going about it the wrong way.
I have just found a website that makes it all so easy, there is no need to do all that planning, it just grows. Here is the website where I found all the answers.
crazy quilt lesson - embellishments by Annie Whitsed Thank you Annie.

A few people have told me they miss seeing some more photos on the blog, so I decided to look for something suitable.





Both these are from my favourite place, Plas tan y Bwlch. Mentioned here. Digital Gran: Castles and Manor Houses
I hope you will like them. I know some of you like rusty things as much as I do. This old gate has now been replaced by a new one, a replica of this old one here.

4 comments:

abeautifulcraft said...

Hello Margaret, Your 1st CQing block is gorgeous, the colours are stunning. Did you hand dye the fabrics yourself? I also spent a lot of time in Annie's site, another one to check out is Sharon B's stitch index a valuable source of information. http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html
Loved the photos, they are extremely artistic!
Hugs
Sandie in Aussie

Jo in NZ said...

Ditto. The colours are fabulous. Remember the embellishment is the same...let it grow.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Sandy and Jo. All except the dark purple is hand dyed by me.
The pale yellowy one is polycotton transfer dyed, the rest are pure cotton.

Liz said...

I like those gates.... now... you could creep out at dead of night and just tie some fabric round them to do a spot of rust dyeing....