Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lucky find

I love going to Chester. I go round the bookshops, charity shops, craft shops and my sewing machine dealer. When it's warmer I take photos, the sandstone used in the old buildings is a lovely pink and I took my camera as usual but it was far too cold today. I do have a lot of photos already, but I will post them some other time.

Now on to my lucky find. I always call at Oxfam and have a look at the scarves and books. Today I found a beautiful pure silk scarf in perfect colours to start a project using the image on the right here blue-green image








On the way home we stopped at the house of my husband's nephew where I noticed this door latch. My sister-in-law had saved it from the family home when they had a new door put in. My husband says he remembers being able to reach it to open the door himself for the first time and I thought I definitely wanted a photo of it. It's not very good and hopefully I can take a better one on my next visit.






I was checking my Bloglines this morning and Amy Cullings of Cachibachis had a link to this lovely Sketchbook. Ruth McNally Barshaw :: ruthexpress.com/sketchbook.html

7 comments:

judypatooote said...

The thing I love to do most in life is go antiquing and to flea markets (good ones). Sometimes I go to thrift shops....always looking for treasure......I'm looking forward to seeing what you make out of the silk scarf......

Shirley Goodwin said...

You are so lucky to live in older countries where you can pick up wonderful antiques and so on (hey, the Europeans only got to NZ in 1840, so we don't have a lot of history). Not that I imagine your silk scarf is OLD - what a great find.

Shirley in New Zealand

Carol Dean said...

That scarf . . . that scarf . . . that scarf. Gorgeous color. If it were mine, I would fondle it for days. And yes, it will be the perfect start to bring that picture to life.

MargaretR said...

You're not having it, so there(pouting) it's mine!

The lady in Oxfam told me if she'd seen it first I wouldn't have had it. She was digusted when I said I was cutting it up for embroidery!

Conni said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I have been admiring your images. You live in such a beautiful area of the world!

Can’t wait to see what you create from the silk scarf.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Connie. I will have to do something with them now that I have commited myself. It's a really lovely colour.

Yes, I am very lucky to be living here. I think you will find beauty wherever you are if you look for it.

Robin Green Eye said...

that scarf is gorgeous, i LOVE that color