Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A new project and designs in the City of Chester

The textile group that I belong to have decided on a project using Black, White and a touch of Orange. We will each stitch a design 10" square in a technique of our own choice. The topic is Memories and I've been playing with designs using these colours, but have not decided yet on which memories to use.


Here is a photo I took this afternoon as I was having a little rest on a bench in the middle of the lovely city of Chester. A close look at the frontage of these buildings reveal a multitude of interesting designs and carvings and even words on some buildings.

This is an interesting one that I thought would be of interest.

9 comments:

helen suzanne said...

Hi Mam,
I always like the warm stone colours in Chester - much kinder that the cold grey that York is built of, but always with both the black and white buildings are fantastic. Have you been upstairs in any and shaken hands out of the window with a pal in the window of the house opposite?

MargaretR said...

No I haven't Helen. But you obviously have! Do you have connections with either Chester or York? Do you never go to be(smile)

MargaretR said...

Hi again Helen. The last one was supposed to say. Don't you ever go to bed?

Gill said...

How fascinating that the picture you took in Chester is black and white with a bit of orange too - or terracotta, perhaps?!
Margaret, I also wondered when you sleep!

rupr said...

I love houses in England. I spent there some time several years ago and I like both architecture and people very much.

Helen Cowans said...

Love that design at the top..... Helen

Liz said...

Nice to see pictures of Chester - I used to go there when I was growing up (and of course passing through on the train on the way to North Wales). (And DH's mum was brought up there). Love what you've done with that wrought iron gate.

Mamarox said...

The ironwork gate image is fabulous! It just screams quilt me!

Carol said...

Wonderful pictures of Chester, I see you still have your love of wrought iron Maragret, fabulous design