Thursday, February 16, 2006

Printing on fabric



Here is some wrought iron I found yesterday. I think it's very unusual. I don't know how old it is, but it is quite rusty. There are many opporunities to photograph WI in the Victorian town of Llandudno just a few miles away. I love wrought iron and have used it a lot in my work.

It's been a strange sort of day for me. Early this morning I did some shopping. Then I had another go at printing on fabric. I have been advised that even though I have Durabright inks in my Epson D88 it's still a good idea to use Bubble Jet for the last rinse as it will give brighter images. I have also used Comfort, a fabric softener on some fabric as this is also supposed to help get brighter images.

They both worked well and I'm very pleased with the results. My last attempts with the new printer were so disappointing and drab and the inks finished so quickly. This could have been because the printer itself needed a lot of ink to set itself up. I have replaced one cartridge and I have not noticed it going down at all. Good news for me. The inks are expensive. There again I was very lucky and was able to buy two lots of cartridges in Staples for the price of one.

4 comments:

Valeri said...

Lovely piece of wrought iron. I love old Victorian railway stations because of all the old wrought iron work. Thanks for posting this picture.

Robin Green Eye said...

that's really neat, love the dragon

MargaretR said...

Thanks Valeri and Robyn. Glad you like my WI.

Liz said...

Photos, Margaret! Where are the photos of your digital prints???!!!

I love wrought iron too. I did it for my black and white design board for C&G.