Saturday, February 11, 2006

Quilts?


Here are two more ideas for Sally's bottles and I'm not sure which one I like best nor what they could be used for. Some of you have said that the designs beg to be quilted. Could these be made into quilts? I am not yet a proper quilter so I have no idea. If I do make quilts one day they will be contemporary quilts with textured surface stitching. I have just been having fun playing and there's still a long way to go with those bottles as I have only touched the surface. I hope you like them Sally?


















I know some like to see a bit of stitching, so here is a panel that is one of my favourites with a detail next to it. It is a computer design and as you can see has my favourite black background. It's not a very good photo I'm afraid. But the details show how it was stitched.



I have done a tiny bit of my crazy quilt block today, and some tidying up of my computer images and discs.

8 comments:

Micki said...

Margaret,
The bottle photos are awesome. I think I like the second best. And your panel looks wonderful, I like the geometric design.

wendy said...

They both scream quilt or applique to me, they are beautiful images.
Hope you dont mind me asking...how do you get your scribbler onto photoshop i cant figure it out..

Carol Dean said...

These images are truly awe-inspiring. Thank you so much for playing and then sharing with us through this blog. These would indeed make exciting quilts.

MargaretR said...

Hi Wendy. you don't actually get it on, you are just able to use the image you have created. If you use Print screen(PrtSc) on your keyboard. This seems to copy it to your Clipboard, then when you open Photoshop or any other graphics program you just click Paste and the whole Scribbler page comes up. you then just cut the part you need from the image and hey presto!

Hope it works for you. If it doesn't just email me. I don't think I have your email address?

Zaz said...

I really think these are fantastic! I was going to ask how you did it too , but see I was beaten to it!

They're brillinat Margaret ! ....lovely to see the changes !

Sara

helen suzanne said...

These are stunning Margaret. I love how you've retained a crystal like feel. Just beautiful.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I'm a dyer, Margaret, and just love the colours in these photos.

Shirley in New Zealand (another beautiful part of the world)

Liz said...

I love these too, Margaret! I also like the way you've kept the crystalline qualities. I could see the second one down as a quilt - pieced background with applique shapes on top.. Not sure how I'd do it though! I'm like you - lots of layering and texture...