Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Skeleton leaves

Like Liz of Dreaming spirals I also love skeleton leaves and find them so beautiful. When I'm walking along footpaths I'm always on the lookout for them. The best way to preserve them has to be by scanning or taking a photo. One year I made all my Christmas card using the one skeleton holly leaf I found.

My photo cataloging is almost nonexistent and I can't find anything when I want it. I have thousands of images on discs and in my computers and I can remember things I could use but can never find them without wasting hours. So yesterday I decided enough was enough and I have started on this major job which is going to take me a long time I'm afraid. Just now I can't find my old Christmas card image!


Here are some skeleton leaves I found last year. I have played with them this evening in PSP9. I used them as a displacement map.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Love the skelly leaves. Did you know you can make them by simmering autumn leaves in something like soda for several hours? I remember reading that in a paper making book once.

Kari x

MargaretR said...

No I didn't know that Kari. Thanks for telling me, that was just what I was hoping someone would know.