Saturday, February 25, 2006

Spiral Embroidered Panel

Here are some closeups of my Spiral Embroidered Panel as promised Mamarox. I took it out of the frame as there were too many reflections, but it was no problem and can be returned to it's frame quite easily.Again this was inspired by the Cannes wrought iron gate and designed using Corel Photopaint this time. There is no print transfer involved in this one. I used two stretchy velvet pieces of fabric, one in black, the other off-white. I used transfer paints to colour the white piece in peach and pale blue colours. I digitized the spirals in the Artista Software individually and as the finished piece is about 14"x21" they had to be stitched in sections and then joined together. They were then overstitched with free machining to bring it all together, there is quite a lot of free stitching in it and the off white velvet blended in well with the black eventually.

10 comments:

marion said...

This is delicious, Margaret, you're right, we do like the same things...spirals is only the tip of the iceberg...I love rust and digital play, too...
marion/artmixter

Textile Tales said...

Margaret
wonderful to see the close ups of your spirals, I also love spirals, rust, and wrought iron, enjoying the thread at the moment
Carol

nadine said...

WOW ! really gorgeous, Mags !

Micki said...

Thanks for showing more and explaining how you do these. great work.

jenclair said...

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to give us close-ups of the Spiral panel. It is a marvelous piece, and seeing the detail makes it even better.

Mamarox said...

Brilliant!!! Thank You so much for taking the close ups. I can see i have so much to lear and play with when it comes to the machine embroidery. I am going to be taking some time to really view those pictures this week. The colors you achieved with teh paint and thread are marvelous.
Ta very much!
Smiles!

Zaz said...

Lovely pieces Margaret - are you still working on spirals?

Sara

MargaretR said...

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.
I'm not working on spirals just now Sara, but I need to make a 10"x10" piece on memories and I might just try and stick a few subtle ones in there!

Liz said...

This is gorgeous, Mags. You're inspiring me to use the digitizing bit of my machine ... played with it a bit in C&G and haven't done much since...

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.