Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Textile group meeting



I took this photo on Saturday morning as I waited for my car to be serviced. It looks rather like a negative image, but the edges of the leaves looked as if they had been dipped in caster sugar. They were really beautiful.

I had a very enjoyable afternoon in the company of like minded people.

My friends were not sure what I was talking about when I asked them if they would be interested in having a group blog for our Serendipity Textile Group and I'm afraid most of them had never heard the word blog. But we have decide to start a blog and I offered to take charge of it. We are also going to change the name of the group, we will now be called SerenTex. As it happens, 'seren' is the Welsh word for star, so we are hoping to be Textile Stars!

6 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

oo beautifool plant. Was thinkin how I miss the frosty mornings (you rarely see it on the island being surrounded by sea - or is that just cause I stayed up too late reading emails and slept in missing the whole specticle :))

Kari said...

That is a beautiful photograph. I love your blog - there is lots to see and the variety of your output is amazing!

The new name for your group sounds fantastic, I amsure it will be as successful as the name suggests.

Kari x

Zaz said...

I like that photo too ........no extension in Psp???

also like the name of the new group - seren tex - sounds so calming

Can you speak Welsh Margaret?

wow!

Sara

MargaretR said...

Helen, I think maybe a lot of it has to do with being near the sea. But then we sometimes get beautiful frosts here. At one time I was mad enough to get dressed and go out to take photos, I once nearly ended up with frostbite!

I'm so glad you enjoy my blog Kari. I do have a mind like a grasshopper, it's everywhere.
I'm going to try and set up the SerenTex blog tonight, but there will not be a lot to see for a while.

I will probably play with the photo in PSP sooner or later Sara.
Welsh is my first language, my husbands and both sons.

Liz said...

Lovely leaves, Margaret.

I know someone called Seren (who is Welsh)...

Amy C. Moreno said...

Absolutely gorgeous photograph! I love it.
Amy