Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Unfinished work


This is one of my many UFO's. It was started at Plas Tan y Bwlch on a course taken with Jill Nicholls. It was inspired by a wall made from blue slate with moss in between each one with these little plants growing here and there. This is a section of a three paneled folder.
The intention was to line the folder with this quilted lining. It was not very successful as the whole folder became too thick and heavy, so I will now make two folders out of the work. I was going to make small samples of various things that interest me at The Plas, using walks in the woods and gardens for inspiration and the folder was to be a container to hold the sketches and stitched samples.

This is dyed calico with screen printing and the motif is one that is often seen carved into the woodwork and stone of the building. I'm not sure if this can be salvaged and used in some way. I have many such pieces unfinished, but don't hold your breath.

Here is another using the same motif.

7 comments:

wendy said...

Love those greens margaret....
Happy st. david`s Day

judypatooote said...

Beautiful Margaret, you really have some unusual things....I LIKE!

Shirley Goodwin said...

These are yummy, Margaret. Very appealing colours.

MargaretR said...

Same to you Wendy.
Judy and Shirley I'm glad you like my work, it may give me the incentive to finish them.

Leanne Hurren said...

Love that quilted piece - can you tell us a bit more about it Margaret. Is it just free machine quilting?

Micki said...

Some very interesting work Margaret.

Deb H said...

I Love this piece. The greens with the eathy tones are so beautiful. I love architectural details, along with the earthiness. Just Beautiful. I also love the still life photos & what you've done to them on your other site. I wish I weren't so techno-challenged!