Monday, February 20, 2006

Wrought Iron spirals


It seems my friend Liz of Dreaming Spirals and I like the same things. We both love Wrought Iron and Spirals to start with.



Here is the Wrought Iron that was the inspiration for the page I stitched for my friend Toni Valentine of Toni Valentine of Artista digital embroidery designs for her RR book called Interplay.

The same one was the inspiration for my Vessels for the Embroiderer's Guild exhibition. It's a photo I took in Cannes in France a few years ago. Wherever I go I take photos of Wrought Iron.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what a stunning image!
from another spirals fan...

Leanne Hurren said...

Wow, I love this Margaret! Can you explain (in detail!) how you did this?

Bonnypurr said...

I too love spirals and your design is fab :)

MargaretR said...

Thanks Leanne, I will explain in my next post.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Les. If I see a curve I want to curve it more(smile)

Micki said...

This is way cool, Margaret. I love the texture in this piece. I like seeing your wrought iron photos too.

Webfrau said...

Love your spiral page. Fantastic work. Makes me want to reach out and touch it.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for the comments. This one is very textured and the cords are woven in and out of the piece. Ask my friend Toni in Australia if you can go over and touch it(s)

Liz said...

I love this one, Mags! Is it silk paper or something on the background?