Friday, March 10, 2006

Debbie Bliss jacket



Here is my finished jacket.

I knitted it from a pattern book called Debbie Bliss - Books - simply familyand the yarn is called Cashmerino Astrakan, a mix of Cashmere and Merino wool as the name suggests. This will take you straight to the design, called Edwardian lady. But I am so disappointed, I should not have listened to the lady who served me, she advised me to go up a size and I did, so the jacket is too big. Share a little secret with me? It will never be worn. Now isn't that sad?
Never mind I had the pleasure of knitting it, even if it was a very expensive bit of pleasure.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Margaret, this is beautiful... gorgeous... couldn't you wear it when it's cold over something else so it fits? It would be such a pity not to...

Ribbonwiz said...

After all that work, what a shame it's too big. beautiful colour too.

MargaretR said...

The colour suits me fine. When I have forgotten all the work I might use the overlocker to change the sleeves. I have shorter arms and legs. I'm fairly tall, but my body is long(smile) The sleeves are far too long and the Edwardian leg o'mutton sleeves don't do a thing for me.

jenclair said...

What a shame! I love everything about this jacket, especially the shape and style, but including the color and yarn. I do, however, know the feeling of sleeves that are too long...

marion said...

What a delicious jacket. You could always embellish it and hang it on the wall...wasn't that what you intended, really?

ambermoggie said...

fabulous Margaret, sorry it doesn't fit

MargaretR said...

I know, it is a pity after all the work. Never mind I will be more careful next time.

nadine said...

oh my, i'm so sorry you won't be wearing it !
lovely looking jacket.
WHAT if you Wash it & it shrinks !?
this could be an opportunity for
shrinkage and a new texture !!
you've got nothing to loose .....?!!!!

thanks for the link with the Klee painting day !