Sunday, March 05, 2006

Digital Art


I love wrought iron and have been taking photos for years whenever I see some interesting samples. This photo on the left was taken was taken at the Victoria and Albert Museum where they have some wonderful samples.

I have used this image to create a new design that may be stitched one day! Now I wonder what technique would suit it? The background could probably use strips of fabric, silk maybe? Applied to calico using bondaweb, then I might applique cut shapes from the design and free machine stitch them into place and use the sewing machine to thread paint to blend it all in and then finish with more stitching in black. Now all I need is to make time to do it instead of spending hours creating more designs for my portfolio of "To be stitched One Day Images".

7 comments:

Carol said...

This design is really lovely Margaret, The colours you have used remind me of the fabrics you dyed recently,
I like the description of the work you may do, I look forward to seeing it:)

Ribbonwiz said...

Your photos are amazing Margaret,
and i love how you put the print onto the fabric, the colours are stunning.

abeautifulcraft said...

This iron is wonderful, it reminds me of "Black Work" embroidery.
I admire your creative photos, they really are quite amazing.
Tatting - I am learning and all my pieces have gone into the bin! LOL

Kari said...

This is beautiful. The colours are vibrant and appeal to me very much. I think it would make a lovely textile piece.

Kari x

Helen Cowans said...

Love the top design, - colours are wonderful. Helen

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you all. I will have to do something with it won't I Kari? I think I do have some material dyed in these colours as Carol reminded me.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oooooh, the colours are lovely in this.