Friday, March 24, 2006

Digital Fun using Gaudi as inspiration

I derive so much fun in creating images from small parts of my Gaudi photos. The idea behind all these images is to eventually create some kind of textile art from them. Unfortunately I enjoy creating the images a bit more than I do stitching them. It's not that I don't enjoy the textile part of the process, just that it's easier to sit here creating more and more images using my laptop.




These two designs used this palm-like design from the wrought iron railings from Park Guell in Barcelona.



This is another photo of the wrought iron railings and that lovely diamond shaped window above it.


3 comments:

Maggie H said...

My favourite is the "spiky topped" photo with the fantastic apricot coloured wall behind it.

Kat said...

I love what you are doing with Gaudi - I have a book of his, all in Spanish and I don't understand a word of it but the pictures are wonderful.

Helen Cowans said...

Hi,

These designs are all fantastic! Do you print them out and make cards / frame them at all? I'd buy them.

Helen