Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant

Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus I chi gyd.


Some of you might not know that March 1st is St. David's day, he is the patron saint of Wales i just came across this page on Just me Jacqui's blog.
Welsh is my first language and the language that I speak at home every day as do my children and most of the family.

The Welsh flag has a red dragon on it, so I thought that my little friend from Plas Tan y Bwlch might like to be red for the day.


He is a great favourite of mine and I make sure I visit him each time I go there and take his photo. He is normally a beautiful shade of verdigris. A retiring gardner presented this dragon to Plas Tan y Bwlch on his retirement.

8 comments:

Gill said...

and dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus I chi gyd in return Mags. A little early for daffodils yet?

MargaretR said...

Thanks Gill. I give you highly commended for your Welsh!

Maggie H said...

Mags - my typing skills are not as good as Gill's.....so a rather late happy St Davids Day.
Maggie

Grumpy said...

I think it's great that you speak your native language Mags. So sad that your average Scot (like me) has lost theirs.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you all for the good wishes. It is sad that these languages are dying for lack of use in everyday life. I have one grandaughter who does not speak Welsh as her mother is English and my son did not make the effort to insist that she was allowed to learn Welsh. Having said that, English is her 'mother tongue' and it's natural, but a pity just the same.

Maureen said...

Oh dear.....I forgot to wish my brother Happy St David's day!No we're of Irish descent not Welsh.
I'm in the throes of learning German in order to be more comfortable with my daughter's Swiss in-laws.

Margaret,thanks for so much inspiration from your blog!
Maureen

Webfrau said...

Gorgeous. He's a lovely wee dragon.

MargaretR said...

Thanks Webfrau. Are you the owner of Ellie? If you are, she is even more gorgeous.