Thursday, March 16, 2006

An embroidered page

Click the image to see a larger version.



You would be right in thinking that I have not done a lot of stitching in the last fortnight, but today I have been stitching.
This is a page I have just finished for a Round Robin and the topic this time was Flight. Where I live, the most common bird by far is the Seagull and I spend a lot of time trying to get a good photo of one in flight.
I designed the image with PSP9,digitized the Seagull with the Artista software and stitched it with the Bernina 180e.

6 comments:

Gill said...

Simple but so effective, Margaret - I'm impressed ;-)

MargaretR said...

Thanks Gill. Proves I can 'do' simple, but not often. (smile)

marion said...

Page? Round Robin? Pray tell. Enquiring minds, and all that... Is it a book RR? (is it a plane, no it's superman...sorry, I have that kind of mind). It is a very nice piece.

Liz said...

Lovely, Mags. Very peaceful, serene feeling to it.

georg said...

Beautiful. Simple - but very, very beautiful. Great artwork.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you all for your comments.
I don't normally go for simple George, I must make an effort to simplify my designs I think.