Tuesday, March 14, 2006

SerenTex Meeting

(Please click on this as usual to see a larger image)


Here is a little taster of some of the work you are likely to find on SerenTex's new blog. SerenTex is the textile Group that I belong to, please feel free to take a peek. The site is still under construction.

This is the work of Sue Gallacher, she is working on this felted piece that was started in one of the workshops given by Mary Spence another of our members. It was developed from a design from another workshop given by Mary using a new printing method.

Guess what I did all afternoon? I took my laptop with me and so did Mary, who is new to computing and I showed her how to sort out her e-mails and how to send photos to her daughters who live in Canada.

6 comments:

Helen Cowans said...

Oh No! Another blog!!!!! Thanks for the link :) I wish my parents would get a computer - I'd love them to see pictures of Richard (but definately not read my blog!!!!) Helen

Helen Suzanne said...

Isn't it lovely to pass on techi info, then the world and his wife can have fun with computers and the internet. good job mags :))

jenclair said...

Oh, boy, does this look a like a fun group! Such variety and such fresh approaches!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looks like you were enjoying yourselves. The challenges are interesting too.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to you all for your interest.
We have no chairman or anything and it's all quite informal, we just have a treasurer to take our subs to pay for the room. We have a discussion about what to choose for our next project, which we can decide to take part in or not.

Maureen said...

Oh Margaret
I'm in love........with that piece of felting!
Another obsession coming up !(and I only bought my beginner's(needle felting) kit a couple of days ago) I have so much to catchup (with)