Saturday, April 01, 2006
Another stitched page
I am very pleased with myself as I have finished another page for my Australian RR books. The topic was 'A Little on the Wild Side'. This is exactly what I felt like as I was creating this piece. I'm normally quite tense when I'm doing something I want to turn out well, but I decided to be wild stitching this one.
I tried many things on the black felt, some Tyvek I had painted, stitched and burnt, this was very colourful, chose some material to put between this and the felt. I decided to free machine a colourful piece of cotton with black thread to blend it in to the felt. I liked it, so decided not to use the tyvek this time.
I had already had lots of fun digitizing with my Artista software using the block Digitizing tool. This was a very 'wild' design. I stitched it with my Bernina and liked the first thread I used so carried on using it, instead of changing the many bright colours I had originally chosen.
I did not take long to make this and I think it is one of my favourites.