Monday, April 10, 2006

Stitching some dyed fabrics

 

We did not have much time left for stitching some of our dyed fabrics.
Ruth asked us to create a piece using strips of our fabric, but it had to be hand stitched so that we could add the strips sensitively. We were not allowed to choose the strips and pin them in order beforehand, we had to choose them one by one as we stitched.
Ruth herself showed us a large selection of her own work, she had plenty to show us and each one was a work of art. The colours were wonderful and something to aim for. She has been doing this for 30 years and I know I will never be able to create anything half as beautiful as she does, but I can only try.

She shared with us her expertise, experience and more than anything her enthusiasm and love of colour. I am so glad I had the opportunity of doing this class with her. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

These are very nice colours, Margaret.

Gill said...

Mags, these are lovely colours and work so well together. I agree though, dyeing fabric is exhausting!

Mamarox said...

This is lovely, sounds like you had a grand time. I will be taking a dyeing class in June, you have completely wetted my appetite now!

PS, belated thanks for your compliment about about my hair, you are so sweet.

jenclair said...

Beautiful results. I like the idea of requiring the pieces to be hand stitched and chosen "sensitively." Seems as if she keeps you in an adventuresome mindset throughout.

Micki said...

looks like this was a wonderful class indeed. love the colors you used in the hand stitched piece.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I am so busy trying to finish projects needing to be sent before I go away on Friday. So I'm taking the easy way out and thanking everyone together this time.