Friday, May 19, 2006

Zandra Rhodes


I have been a great admirer of Zandra Rhodes for a long time and was thrilled to be able to see her at an exhibition at Rhuthin Craft Centre, I think it was in 2002. I took photos of her, had her autograph and a short chat with her. She was one of the most charismatic people I have ever met and full of enthusiasm for what she does.

Yesterday I bought her book in Chester and it's called A lifelong affair with textiles. It really is a lovely book that I shall be dipping into regularly for a long time to come.

9 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I've always been drawn to Zandra with her monobrow and totally original style. Lucky you!

Paige said...

Vibrant folks often draw me in as well.

Gillian said...

I can't believe we're on this same wavelength! I've always admired Zandra Rhodes too although I could never wear anything so flamboyant as her fashion! There's just something about her use of patterns and colour - her stuff sings!

I've heard of the Ruthin Craft centre but never been there yet. is it good?

Gill said...

I love her "lettuce edges" !

Zaz said...

I love her stuff too .........I did have her first book once upon a time - but it seems to have disappeared with my moves :-(

will check out the new book on Amazon!

Sara

Toni said...

Bit of a Zandra fan club here so add me too. I enjoyed her first book and was impressed with her Australian outback designs in it. Have seen the new book and enjoyed it too. What a fantastic collection of her work.

Carol said...

Here's another who loves Zandra
Rhodes, such wonderful imagination
I must look out her book

Valeri said...

Zandra is fantastic! She was one of my tutors at Art School and she looks almost the same today some 40 odd years later! She was the person who nourished my love of colour and got me started down the path I now follow. I'd love to meet up with her again.

downunderdale said...

I love Zandra Rhodes work and have two books of hers. Inspires me in lots of what I do

cheers
Dale