Monday, June 26, 2006

Autographs?

I love holidaying in Cannes, in the South of France. This is where they hold the Film Festival and it's always interesting to look at the handprints of famous filmstars on the pavement.


Now Rhos on Sea has a similar gallery obviously and I'm probably the only one who has noticed it as I walk around with my nose to the ground looking for interesting things to add to my collection of found objects and photos. I wonder who these people were? They were probably children when they wrote their names in the wet cement. Do they have a look at them when they visit? They must bring back memories of happy holidays at the seaside.
I thought someone would enjoy all this lovely texture as I do!

2 comments:

Gill said...

I love the colours in those photographs, Mags - and I'm curious about those people, too!

jafabrit said...

At first I thought they were fabric that had been stitched and quilted. They are really lovely.