Friday, June 23, 2006

Crazy Quilting incentive


This is as far as I have gone with my crazy quilt. As some of you know, this is my first attempt at it and it has had rather a long rest until now. But I have been inspired once more by Sharon's blog In A Minute Ago. I was introduced to this blog by a friend many years ago and have been reading it ever since. Sharon has started a new category on her blog called 'A 100 details for 100 days'.


Here is my attempt at Day 1. Now I'm not saying I can stitch one every day, but I am going to do at least a couple a week. I have just had a peep at day 3 and it is real 'eye candy'. Do go and have a look.
This is a close-up of another part of my own.


Will I know when to stop? This is going to be on the front of a bag I'm making. I will keep you posted of the developments. I love doing a little bit of hand stitching which I have done very little of in the last 20 years or so.

9 comments:

sharonb said...

lovely interpretaion - I like your twisty bugel beads too!

Jo in NZ said...

Margaret, this is looking fantastic...you have been keeping this to yourself. Can you post a piccie of the whole block so far?
I love your seam treatments, and the colours and verigations in the threads. Great stuff.

Paige said...

Wow, beautiful. Purple that is my color of choise these days. I can no longer do hand work much or often. Carple tunnel ya know.

Alexiev said...

Muy buenos trabajos... me encantan tus fotos y tus imagenes...
Great Blog...
Best regards...
Saludos desde buenos Aires...

Micki said...

Your stitches are lovely and I love the purples.

Dorothy said...

How did you know I am also doing a crazy patchwork? I said elsewhere that I think folks is hacking my computer!!! Grin
I love yours. I'll be working on mine later... also going to be a bag.

Sue said...

Such beautiful work, Mags. The bag will be stunning. I love the colours, stitches and textures: scrumptious!

Gillian said...

That is stunning! I've never seen such an intricate crazy quilt before. This will be an heirloom, for sure. xxx

Helen Cowans said...

Hi,

I used to love crazy quilting - must find time again. (ha ha!!)
helen