Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Is it finished?


I think I have finished my black, white and orange textile project for SerenTex. I'm not sure if I need a little black outline at the two empty corners? My tendency is to overdo things, I don't seem to know when to stop.
If you have not been to my blog before, this is Y Goeden Afal(The Apple Tree) in Welsh. The family always seemed to choose to have a photo taken under the apple tree. These photos are of my father and one of his brothers, myself and cousin and my 'nain' and 'taid' with my father in the front.


I continue to work on this piece, but am not sure what to do next.



Here is another work in progress. This one is screen printed with layers of stitching and nylon organza and is waiting to be burnt with a soldering iron. This is a favourite shape of mine, found here and there on objects in Plas Tan y Bwlch. I think I will have time to carry on with these projects tomorrow.

7 comments:

mrsatroxi said...

I love the last one. I love the colors. It also looks very old to me, almost Medieval.

jafabrit said...

I think if you put a black line then you box the image in, contain it. Not sure if you want that. By leaving the edge open it has a sense of freedom, if you know what I mean. Really lovely work. If it is about family, or family tree then leaving it open seems better to me.

Hope that helps.

Paige said...

It looks great, the eye comes in from the right corner moves around inside the box. I think it puts the focus on the core of this project, the family apple tree. Good work! You get a smiley face

MargaretR said...

Thaks Mrs A. You have all been very helpful and I think I shall leave it as it is.

jenclair said...

Yes, the soft, muted colors give the appearance of age, of patina. Combined with the symbols, it does look medieval...and beautiful.

Gillian said...

Thank you for sharing the significence of the apple tree to your family. That's a great bond. I have written down the Welsh translation and may use it in my work. It's beautiful!

Your work is stunning, as ever. xxx

feltedfibers said...

Why do you want more black? it looks well balanced as it is. I like it.
Jenny.