Saturday, July 22, 2006

Abakhan and Plas Tan y Bwlch(part 1)

Yesterday I visited Abakhan. I had heard that they were going to close the place and I was quite worried, but I asked one of the girls there, if it was true
and she said definitely not.

Emyr is so patient with me We have a light lunch there and
then Emyr sits in the shade reading his newspaper.


It took about 2 hours. I bought 9 vivid colours of sheers, mostly nylon organza. The colours I usually buy are subtle and safe, but Margaret Beal of Fusing Fabric fame had much brighter colours for us to use.
I'm going Plas Tan y Bwlch on Monday and I shall play a little more with this technique and I will probably make some little books or maybe just the covers.

I also bought some cottons, one to finish off a little cushion for Amy's 16th.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Ooooh!. Love those luscious fabrics. I haven't had any luck with finding Kunin felt and so want to try some of the burning techniques. I guess I just need to keep searching.