Sunday, July 23, 2006

Crazy Quilt

I had every intention of finishing my block to make a cushion for Amy's birthday, today, but it was too much of a rush with the handstitching and I didn't want to spoil it. So I have made her another one which was much quicker using the sewing machine, but I forgot to take a photo and it's now packed. I will take a photo at the BBQ she's having this afternoon.


This photo is for Jo in New Zealand No Matter Where I go...I ALWAYS Meet Myself There! who wanted to see the whole block.


I am following A 100 details for 100 days as well as I can and after a bit of practice I got the Cast On stitch to look quite good. It was my fault I had difficulties, I used a very fine crochet cotton that I had dyed myself to do it and it kept twisting and tangling, but I like the final result. Next time I will use a different thread.


I also added some beads here.
I still don't know what to do with the block when it's finished. Any suggestions welcome. I had been thinking some sort of bag or a cushion, but not sure if it's suitable.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I'm following these blocks with great interest Margaret. They are looking good. Well done you.

Jo in NZ said...

Thanks Margaret. You Rock!!
The block is gorgeous. I love the colours, your cast on stitch is great. That is what I use instead of the tatting. I manage to get some quite effective edgings that look like tatting, but are cast-on, with picots added.

Lesley said...

That's really beautiful. I love it!