Thursday, July 20, 2006

Crazy Quilting

I have had computer problems for the last few days and have been unable to post. I bought a new network adapter for my Baby laptop, it was a very cheap one and I had not realized it would cause massive networking problems. However, I have got them all working well together once more and hopefully I will not have any more problems.


What do you think of these colours I have chosen to make some more crazy quilting blocks? I was only going to choose one colour to bring together some of the fabrics I had dyed myself, but I could not resist these. I seem to be going for much brighter colours lately.


Until I started following Sharon Boggon's A 100 details for 100 days I had forgotten how much I loved hand stitching.


Before I could carry on with my block, I had to add some extra pieces. As this was my first block, I wasn't sure how to piece it. I think the next one will be better.


I had not come across this Palestrinia Stitch before, but I enjoyed trying it out and I'm sure it will become a favourite. It's my granddaughters sixteenth birthday on Sunday and I would like to finish the block and make it up into a pillow for her as a little extra surprise. She always looks forward to the cards I make for her and I'm sure she will appreciate this.

8 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh lovely stitching, Margaret, and I like the green and orange too.

Grumpy said...

Your stitching is just magnificent Margaret. How fabulous for your grandaughter to have the things you have made her to treasure.

Jo in NZ said...

Margaret, your stitching is just beautiful...but I feel ripped off. PLEASE show a picture of the whole block. I like to things in context.
Please, I'm on my knees here , BEGGING.

jenclair said...

Love the greens and oranges...beautiful combination.

Norah's said...

Your stitches are so lovely and I like that you can show a beautiful closeup. The colors in the first photo, well they are beautiful.
Thank you for sharing

Paige said...

I love it (all of them), great colors. I really should take a photo of the blankie I just finished for my 8th grandchild. He will be here in a couple of weeks. Of course I can't do the hand stuff anymore so I machine it. Which is almost as good.

MaryB said...

Love the stitching and the purples - look forward to see the greens and oranges such a lovely fresh combination

Liz said...

Lovely colour combination, Mags! Glad your computer problems are sorted - wireless networks are a pain to get sorted out sometimes! Whenever I do anything which changes ours it usually takes the whole day to get right again...