Friday, July 07, 2006

Fusing Fabrics/Margaret Beal

I am preparing to go on a course with Margaret Beale who has written the wonderful book everyone is after -
Fusing Fabrics.

I'm doing this under very difficult circumstances as I have a bad back just now. I keep hoping it will be better for tomorrow! I'm still not sure if I can go to the class as I don't want to go there and make a fuss because I can't stand up straight and can't sit properly, it will look as if I want sympathy. But it does make me look and feel older!
I'm having a few days at Plas Tan y Bwlch again with my SerenTex friends from the 24th to the 27th of July, so I have to be better by then.
I have another course booked with one of my friends, Miriam Forder, from SerenTex. She is taking a class on Hand Stitched Books at Bodelwyddan Castle . It's on the 5th and 6th August, and on the 9th of August there is an interesting lecture at the same venue on The Tudor Wardrobe, given by two people who have written a book called The Tudor Tailor and they will show samples of their reproduction costume from this period.


It should be interesting. I once heard a lecture at the V&A on clothing using slides of paintings from different periods in history and I really enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I am sure Margaret won't mind if you are out of sorts. You should still go, it's fantastic fun and Margaret is a lovely lady.Give her my best wishes please.

Maggie H.

Shirley Goodwin said...

I haven't seen that book, so hope you get to the course and tell us all about it. Isn't back pain the pits!

smarcoux said...

Oh do go you wont want to miss this course and like Maggie said I am sure Margaret wont mind .. you can at least see the techniques they are fab and get a few tips from her.

Sandy
Let us know how it goes

Carol said...

Margaret,
I hope you have recovered enough to enjoy the class, I am sorry you were not able to join us on the first one, but you will enjoy just looking at Margaret's samples and watching her demonstrate.

Liz said...

Take care, Mags, and enjoy the course!