Saturday, August 05, 2006

Transfer Printing

I had a wonderful day at Bodelwyddan Castle and look forward to an even better day tomorrow. My friend Miriam is a wonderful tutor, she is very inspiring and so full of original ideas of how to do things. She is so organized we hardly needed to take anything with us, of course I couldn't believe there could ever be a course where you did not have to carry stuff with you and had packed a large bag. I hardly took a thing from my bag except my lunch-box. I am taking my sewing machine and threads with me tomorrow, but as we have made all the transfer painting today and have loads of fabric prepared, we know what coloured threads and beads etc we need for tomorrow.



Some colourful pieces I had fun making today. A piece of lace used to print other things with but turned out beautiful. The others are blown with a straw and I like them, they are rather like trees in a swamp.

These are prints on voile(synthetic)



This is one of my favourites of the work done today and it's on voile.

5 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

I love transfer painting, yours are truly beautiful, I look forward to seeing the fabric stitched tomorrow. The photos of Herons are great too!

Maggie H

Micki said...

Oooh, lots of interesting images and colors. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

smarcoux said...

Margaret .. wish I was there at the workshop with you those pieces are truly wonderful.

Sandy

jenclair said...

I, too, look forward to seeing the fabric stitched. Sounds like a great workshop.

Norah's said...

Like the herons and their reflections. My fav transfer is the second from the bottom with red. Love it.