Friday, September 29, 2006


I thought someone might like to see this piece of work in progress. It's worked on navy stretch synthetic velvet with nappy liner painted with white and pale blue acrylic paint(quite thick)ironed on it with a very hot iron. This was originally a sample for the on-line course I did with Maggy Grey. The fabric was then stretched over Pelmet vilene and stitched into with an automatic machine stitch. Venus was stitched separately and applied to it. I love this because Maggie herself did the automatic stitching when she came to our Guild to give a class. I'm not sure what I will do with it yet, but it's a pity for it to be hidden in a box with all the other UFO's I have. Quite a lot of them I'm afraid.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I am glad you shared it. I think it is pretty & sounds like a neat process. Happy Weekend