Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Dover Books


Have I mentioned before that I love books? On my visits to Chester I go to most of the bookshops there regularly and I was disappointed to find one of my favourites was closing down, but every cloud has a silver lining and they were selling every book in the shop for half price.
I had often looked at some of the Dover Books with the Electronic Clip Art included, but found them rather expensive. I found 3 of these yesterday, Ancient Egyptian Designs and Motifs with 451 Royalty-Free Designs, Treasury of Chinese Designs with 251 Royalty-Free Designs and even though I don't have a lot of interest in Fairies and Elves I couldn't resist this bargain so bought that as well. I have been playing with these for hours and I think I have had a very good bargain.


Here is some of the work I developed using the Egyptian Clip Art.

5 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

looks like a great deal Mags. I guess you can use these designs in your sewing machine? Mine's just a basic stitch but I can imaging the fun at being able to translate your digital images into stitch.

Zaz said...

wow! a real bargain! were those pictures coloured or did you colour them on the pc???

love those images!

Paige said...

Good deal indeed. Those are beautiful! Makes me remember when a fabric store was closing here. Oh the buys I got. On the last day I got $9 fabric for .30 cents. I even bought some ugly stuff. After all when cut up & used in small doses it too can be pretty.
Happy weekend

Micki said...

Great images and great bargains. I have PSP8, but I still have a lot to learn about it. I really like the top image.

Lesley said...

You've made some interesting effects with the clip art. Did you see the program on BBC2 the other night about Tutankhamun's tomb?

I've been looking at the Dover books for a while too but haven't taken the plunge yet. I thought they might be useful for patterns and collage work. Sounds like you got a great bargain. Which book shop was it?