Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stitching in progress

The last couple of days I have been been starting to feel creative once more. These are a couple of pieces in progress.


The first is a postcard which still needs a few beads and maybe some additional pieces. The base is a satin material transfer printed and so is the top layer, but this time I used transfer dyed organza, over printed with a stamp and then free machined.


This one also uses transfer painted satin. These are real pink leaves from a houseplant I have. They were snawiched between two sheets of bondaweb and then ironed onto the material and covered with white net, I was too impatient to transfer print this net I'm afraid, so I used silk paint in purple to paint over the net covering the leaves only. The leaves were outlined with metalic thread and then I am stitching little circles on the rest of the net. This is as far as I have gone with it, but I have some ideas of what to do next.


Here is a detail of the leaves.

11 comments:

arashi said...

he 1st is beautiful, tghe seond is stunning in it;s sim0plicity. I love leaves.

Micki said...

These are interesting, Mags. I am wondering about the leaves though. Won't they eventually dry and crumble?

Dorothy said...

These are beautifil M. I love them both. Glad you have your creativity back again

Joanna van said...

Very lovely! I like that you incorporated your house plant leaf into your composition. Love all the silks as well.

Joanna

jenclair said...

Both are lovely! Glad your muse has returned.

Helen Suzanne said...

love the gold and purple piece mags... been wondering about natural bits incorporated - do you ever try soaking them in glycerine to stop them becoming brittle...mum used to do it with the honesty seed heads but i've never tried it myself and wondered if it would work for things in fabric?

Paige said...

I think this is a neat idea, but like Micki, I wonder how the leaves will be after they dry? Also I commented about your post card dilemma below. Happy weekend

Deb H said...

Lovely as usual. Makes me want to go create too!

Norah's said...

Oh mercy, Digital Gran I feel an inspiration flash coming on with your little freestyle circles! Love them.

Zaz said...

I love these postcatds and am so jealous I dont have time to play at the mo!

hopefully I will join in soon .......

Liz said...

These are gorgeous, Mags- I especially like the top one.