Monday, October 09, 2006

A beautiful door

I'm back after a short break in the South of France. The weather was almost perfect, sunny, but not too hot. We stayed in Cannes, but used the train to visit Nice, Monaco and Villefranche-sur-Mer.


I have to share this beautiful carved door with you, I would have liked to take that note off to get a better photo, but I thought that would have been very cheeky of me, but I took loads of close-ups of the carvings and below is a detail. This was taken in Villefranche. I could have stayed here much longer than we did.


It usually takes me some time to settle down after a holiday like this and it will be a bit of a struggle to start being creative and getting back to my blogging routine. But this afternoon I have to make some fabric PostCards that are due to be posted on the 15th of this month. I need to make 4 Self Portrait ones and 4 cutouts using Margaret Beale's method. The self Portraits can be made using any technique, but I think I will make and extra one of each for myself.

6 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

lovely to see you back Mags and a superb find with the door eh!

Micki said...

Glad you had a nice vacation. Great door with all those carvings.

Paige said...

Wonderful door Glad you are safe at home.

Dorothy said...

Welcome back you.... we missed you. Lovely door!

Ali Honey said...

Great photos.

Liz said...

Welcome back, Mags! Glad you had a nice time. Lovely door.