Sunday, October 22, 2006

Conwy Food Feast

I've had a busy day. First thing this morning I stitched out my latest digitized image of myself, only to find that it was not the correct size for what I had in mind. So the rest of the day was spent creating a new digitized image and giving someone a hand with a new website.

Gwledd Conwy Feast
October 21 - 22, 2006
(Conwy) Seasonal food such as mussels and honey; organic Welsh lamb, award winning sausages, Welsh wine and beers, locally baked bread, bara brith and Welsh cakes, and much more. The Fair Trade Food Hall will again be a special feature of the event.

This was an advert for the Conwy Food Feast and it has been very busy here for the last few days. We watched them putting up the marquees up on the quay and there were stalls on the streets.


It has become a very important event over the years. The weather was not as good as it could have been, showers yesterday, but today the rain stayed away. The weather did not keep the visitors away either and there were loads of people using the footpath in front of us here to walk to the fair.
It is wonderful how people have started to walk and cycle instead of taking the car everywhere. It is so very noticeable around here now.


This photo was taken between showers. I would have liked to show you the crowds that walked around but the weather would not let me take a good quality photo.

3 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Ooooh, that castle is just gorgeous. Bet the food was too.

barbara ac said...

I enjoy your Welsh pictures, Margaret. You don't have a really good recipe for bara brith, do you, to go with the coffee while I go round the blogs finding all these lovely things!

Paige said...

It really sounds like fun. I love people watching & sometimes wonder what they say about me, although I don't really want to know.
Love the newest versions below.