Sunday, October 29, 2006

My scarf


This is for my friend Nadine from Canada of knitting with a poodle I told her I was knitting a scarf and it's nearly finished. It needs a few more inches knitted and then some fringe added.
I have some plum coloured trousers and jumpers this winter, so I bought some plummy yarn. It's a Knitwise Pricewise kit that I bought in a craft shop in Chester. The yarn has no make on the label, but does have this website Groves and Banks.
The first few inches were quite difficult as I had to use 2 strands of a twizzly yarn on very large needles. One row- yarn round the needle twice for each stitch, next row, knit into one stitch dropping the other loop and knit 2 more rows. But I soon got the hang of it and it grew very quickly. All I need now is some very cold weather to wear it!

2 comments:

ambermoggie said...

beautiful colour Margaret

nadine said...

Love the rich colours. Your scarf is lovely. If you were here, you would be at no loss for a day to wear it! thank you for the photo, sweetie.