Thursday, October 12, 2006

Self portrait

I was almost too busy to blog tonight as I have been having fun trying to create self portraits for a postcard swap. I'm always on the other side of the camera, so photos of myself are rare.


I sketched this while on holiday by cutting out one eye, half a mouth and half a nose from a magazine, stuck them down and then sketched the missing parts. I enjoyed this. You will notice I left out all the lines and wrinkles! But the sketchbook pages are made from scrunched up computer paper sponged with teabags, so the wrinkles are still part of the face I'm afraid.


This was taken by my husband.


Maybe I will stitch a frame like this one or maybe use one of these ideas.






These postcards have to be finished in a couple of days, so I must decide what to use quickly. As usual, my head is buzzing with ideas, which makes it very difficult to know which way to go. I will post the results when I have finished the postcards.

8 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

a very nice portrait from your husband - it's a lovely pic

Grumpy said...

Nice one DG! You're a damned attractive woman. Husband lucky to get you I say.

Micki said...

Lovely pic of you. I like the sketch you did.

Dorothy said...

Love these Margaret... wish I was that photogenic... and I love what you are doing with them.

Ali Honey said...

That's a lovely natural photo of you.I can now visualize you away over there on the other side of the world.
Cheers, Alison.

Anonymous said...

Love all the images of you! Varied and interesting.

Paige said...

That is a great photo your husband took of you. Very lovely. I like the one (post card/sketch) of the cut outs from a magazine & you finished it. Really cool. Have you tired that with your image?
Good luck & what ya waistin time reading this for? Get busy!

pam annesley said...

It's a really good photo of your Mags,now I know what you look like.