Saturday, November 25, 2006

Digital Art

During my recent holiday in the south of France I took this photo of some tiles on the outside of a house in Villefranche, I isolated part of the design and used it to create new images. Most of you know by now that I procrastinate all the time and that is what I was doing tonight. I sarted playing with these tiles and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing how they developed. I could go on doing this forever and it is all with the intention of creating a real piece of stitched art with them one day.







For those interested there are more of these images on DG's Photos and Digital Art

7 comments:

MaryB said...

The tiles are really beautiful and I love the effects you have created. I agree they would lend themselves beautifully to creating a final piece of textile art.

joyce said...

YOu've gotta love the computer and what it can do with a photo. I can see that design as a quilt, especailly for someone who is into applique.

Anna Nowicki said...

I just love the bottom design - great job!! Anna

Kim said...

The tiles alone are such a wonderful inspiration. I like how you've manipulated the image.

Deb H said...

The Yellows & nreds image would look great in my kitchen! I like what you're doing!

I also think your paper dolls are very cute. They look like little fairy people.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for all your comments on the tile images. I think the bottom one is one of my favourites too. but some of you will have noticed I also like reds, oranges and yellows with black.

ruth said...

My favourite is the red and yellow one. I like the way the design appears to be stitched over the "patchwork" background. I can really envisage this one in textile.