Friday, November 24, 2006

Paper Dolls

Here are my paper dolls all coloured. I'm not very happy with them just now as they are all very wrinkled and look a bit messy. Maybe they will look a bit better after they are cut out. Don't worry as these are just my usual 'proto-type', in other words my failures. I always have them and this is the way I learn, by making mistakes. But it's Ok to make mistakes when creating isn't it?


Click for a larger image. Below are closeups of the dolls.


I have already stitched two more, but this time I have learned from my mistake and bonded the fabric to the Pelmet Vilene before stitching. I haven't yet coloured them in as I'm not quite sure what effect being wet will have on them.
All is not lost with the proto-types either as I'm going to follow Sara of Mainly Zaz... suggestion of making a feature of the mistakes, so watch this space.

7 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Failures!! These are amazing. I love the expression on the face of No.2 in the line up. If these are your protypes then I can't wait to see the real thing. Well done you for having the courage to keep trying something new and thank you for keep sharing it with us.

Dianne said...

They are fantastic!! I wish my mistakes were as good these...

beverley said...

Gosh for protypes these are amazing!! I just love the dress on the 4th doll it's so lovely. It's all very clever and I'm now looking forward to seeing the finished ones.

ambermoggie said...

Mags these are beautiful I love them:)
amber in scotland

MargaretR said...

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the Paper Dolls. They are very easy to mess up I'm afraid. I've bought some strong textile adhesive spray today. It's supposed to dry without wrinkles or leaving a mark. we'll see.
Mags

sue b said...

Mags I think these are fabulous! I love the way they are all dressed and the colors that you used.

Kim said...

I love the way you experiment! Lovely ladies, even if they are only prototypes.