Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bernina Artista V4

I have decided you need to be a genius to set up this software. I have set it up before on various computers and laptops I own. I have been carrying my Toshiba laptop up to my loft to transfer designs to my machine and as it does not have a serial port. I'm using an adaptor and each time I want to transfer a design to the machine, I have to Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers for this adaptor or it won't work.
I tried to Install the Artista software to my new computer months ago and gave up, but because of the problems with the laptop I decided I would have another go. Now I am by nature very, very patient, but I have been sorely tried tonight. It took me a long time to work it out, but apparently there is a bug here that can be solved by downloading some drivers from the Bernina website.

Eventually I got it to work and have decided I must be a genius! I'm sure Bernina can do better than this for their customers, because this Software is a very expensive item. Once you get it to work it is excellent in my opinion, but I wonder how many give up before ever having tried it?
I apologise for my post tonight, but I had to let off steam somehow and you don't have to read it my friends(smile)

5 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

well done on solving the puzzle. I've lost many hours to such things to do with the computer too... we must be "stickers" mags. I'm sure your post will help someone too in the same situation.

Shirley Goodwin said...

What a pain! But now you've got it sorted, so we look forward to the results.

Fran├žoise said...

Congratulations!
I wouldn't be as patient as you!

beverley said...

Well I admire you Mags for sticking with it - I'm very lucky I have a DH who job is a Computers' programmer' so I just shout & yell when something doesn't work and then walk away whilst he sorts it out & it's not always easy for him to find out what's wrong!!

So I think you deserve a pat on the back (& another chocolate!)

Dorothy said...

Of course you are a genius young M... we all knew that! well done you. I know how frstrating it is to get it going.