Friday, January 05, 2007

Close-up of mother and baby

Here is a close-up of the mother and baby.


Thanks for all the comments on my very first piece on the Xpressions embellisher.
I'm so glad some of you could see the mother and baby in it. This was quite accidental, but I saw it straight away. I had to unpick some fluff from the face. It was a bit tough getting it out, but it is possible to do it if you are not happy with a certain part. I'm sure I could have added more bits to make it even more like a mother and baby. But this is where I usually go wrong, my work is too literal and I always want something as near as possible to the original. This is why the embellisher is going to be so good for me, it will help to loosen my style up.

6 comments:

Suzi-k said...

this is great, it looks like FUN! And your colours are lovely.

Sue said...

Oh, Mags, only you could have a new toy and make your first sample into a distinct contender for this year's Christmas card! Plenty of time to get it printed up, too. It's such a joy to experience your excitement with your machine vicariously, and I suspect you should buy shares in the company if you haven't already, as your enthusiasm is infectious! However I need new specs and they're going to cost nearly £500, so I will have to curb my impulses for a while, but please keep enthusing and sharing.

Purple Missus said...

This is a brilliant first sample Mags. You're obviously a natural with the embellisher. Looking forward to seeing more.

beverley said...

As you know Mags this is not 'my field of work' but I'm finding it so interesting and I just love the colours..

Kim said...

Lovely piece - nice colors. Looking forward to more creations with the embellisher. I'm still trying to decide if it's something I would use.

Carol said...

Yeah, I can see her now, looks like your having lots of fun