Saturday, January 27, 2007

Embellisher, play and challenge

There are two challenges in this post, but they have both been fun to make.
Take a Stitch Tuesday is a challenge set by Sharon B of In a Minute Ago. The challenge stitch was Cretan stitch and I have used a piece of fabric created with the embellisher. I have used the stitch very freely. The colours are also something that I would never normally use, so that added to the challenge. It's just a doodle, but I wish I didn't see these faces everywhere, because this one is definitely a clown sticking out his tongue!



The second challenge is for the Yahoo group Needlefelt Challenge, which is run by Myfanwy Hart of Nuvo Felt. The challenge was 'Emerald', I'm afraid I'm a little behind wih the challenges as the next one is already set for this week - Spice.


4 comments:

Carol said...

These are lovely Mag's interesting seeing all those curves coming out

Sue B said...

Love that first piece Mags - great colors. Your emerald piece is beautiful. I really should put the embellisher on top of the table and play in some of the nuno challenges.

StegArt said...

I get such a kick out of you finding faces in your work. Great example of cretan stitch. And your emerald piece is quite stunning also.

Dianne said...

Wonderful embellished pieces. Love how you've incorporated the cretan stitch in the first one.