Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The embellisher

Today I took the plunge and bought an embellishing machine, it was a late Christmas present. During my visits to Chester I always call at Jaycotts and a few months back I asked if they stocked any embellishing machines and the answer was "No, I'm sorry, we don't"
When I went in today it was a different story and they stocked the Janome Xpression embellisher. They decided to stock this make because of the reliability of Janome machines and also because they found it a very quiet machine compared to some of the others. They could not believe that there was such an interest in them.

I was very pleased to find a very good write-up on this machine on the Fiberella... website.
I have already joined The Embellishment Machine web ring.
Tonight was spent on the Internet searching for as many Embellisher samples as I could find and I can hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can try my machine out. so please watch this space to see how I get on. I think this could be the ideal way of using some of my digital images.

10 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Sounds like you are about to embark on an exciting new area. I hope it is easy to use and you have fun creating. No stopping you now !!! Enjoy ( and lots of photos pleae )

beverley said...

Mags by visiting your blog I'm learnng something new all the time!!

Can't wait to see the photo's.

Sue B said...

Okay Mags, I'm sitting on the edge of the sofa cushion waiting to see what I know is going to be fabulous stuff from your embellisher!

Have you seen the embellisher eye candy over here:

www.embellishandstitch.com

Fran├žoise said...

Great! Now, I'll soon be able to decide if I need this new toy or not!
Have fun.

joyce said...

Lucky you! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Dianne said...

Yay Mags!! I'm sure you'll love it - they're so easy to use - no threading, just push the pedal and go!!!

StegArt said...

I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see what you create.

Sharon Serrano Ahmed said...

You will love it! I have had my Babylock Embellisher since earlier this year. The yahoo group is wonderful. I would go ahead and join the Babylock Embellisher group too. The information on ways it is used is the same on both machines.
Sharon

Liz said...

Can't wait to see photos of the results! Lucky you!!

Paige said...

That sounds so cool. I can't wait to see what you can do. I have a lot to catch up on now that I can find a few minutes during the week to blog again. I have missed everyone.